Tuesday, July 18, 2006

GUEST COLUMNIST - EXPECTATIONS FROM A SUMMER ASSOCIATE

I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work as a Summer Associate at Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis, LLP this summer in Irvine, California. Allen Matkins is an excellent firm, with six offices throughout California. Moreover, the people at Allen Matkins are truly impressive, and I am honored to work for such quality individuals.

I hope to gain valuable exposure to real estate transactions this summer. I hope to gain experience in lease agreements and purchase agreements for major commercial developers. I want to learn about the necessary steps to take when conducting such commercial transactions. Being at a multi-department firm, however, I hope to gain insight into other departments, such as labor and employment and finance, to understand more completely how the firm operates.

Just as important as the actual work experience, I want to learn about the work environment and culture of Allen Matkins. I want to learn what "a day in the life of an associate" is, including interacting with partners, contacting clients and tracking billable hours.

Susan Ihrke Johnson
Third Year Law Student
Chapman University School of Law

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home